English // Class: 2-C-III
This route of canyoning starts at the community of Corral de Piedra. Its duration is of approximately 5 hours in which you'll find a underground river where you'll swim across, 12 jumps to the water (from 1 to 12 meters of height), natural rock slide, and many obstacles more. We start with a long ascending walk until we arrive to the Lagunillas river where we'll have our first contact with the water. From this point on we´ll be inside the canyon until we finish at Adjuntas.
- Zone: Corral de Piedra, Santiago, Nuevo Leon, MEXICO
- Level: Intermediate
- Age: 12 - minors should be acompanied by a parent
- Estimated time from the starting point: 5 hr
- Time to get from meeting to starting point: 1 hr
- Jumps to the Water: 12
- Natural Rock Slides: 1
- Caves: 1
- Swiming (with lifevest)
Begin March 21st and it approximately ends on September 15th, depending on the rains and hurricanes. It can be suspended at any time according to river level. The river safety level is monitored daily by inhabitants of Potrero Redondo, Las Adjuntas and the State authorities.
The departure and return point is Hotel Parador Campestre in Santiago, Nuevo Leon. In order to arrive to this point you will have to take the state highway 40 to Santiago, follow the Victoria signs, exit the highway (return)in front of the Oxxo anda Pemex Gas Station. There you will find parking.
Intermediate: this route is apt for people with little experience in hiking, the route involves walking in paths, between stones and can have down climbing. Although this can be your first adventure trip is necessary that you have the ability to move mountain terrain. All our routes includes rappel course. GOOD phisycal condition is required and no one with overweight will be admitted.
- Life Vest
- Rescue Rope
- Guide Gear: Contingencies and First Aid Kits
Each participant will be responsible of the gear provided, and will have to be carried in your own backpack when it is not in use.
Lost gear should be payed as new.
Gear you should bring (Not incluided)
- BackPack to carry your gear, food and drinks
- Biking gloves to protect your hands
- Hiking Poles
- Sun Block
- Digital Photography
- Digital Video Service
- Dry-fit or cotton shirt
- Long licra bottom
- Jeans or heavy duty fabric short (long pants will be very heavy when wet)
- Socks (two pairs can be used to tighten the shoe)
- New tennis (no open shoes, this is to protect your feet inside the water)
- Dry change of clothes for the end of the trip
- On trips with transportation, you'll need a sweater, windbreaker and a cap.
- No jewerly
- No luxury watches
- No cellular phone (you can leave it on the vehicle)
- No shaded glasses
- Contact leneses with swiming gogles only
- Lenses with tightening cord only.
All personal articles can be left on the vehicle during the trip.
It is possible to obtain maps of the zone in any office of the INEGI. The type of map that is recommended to acquire is the Topographic Letter of the zone of ALLENDE G14C36
Groups can be made of 5 people minimum. In case of not being able to form a group, you'll have to make reservations with a full payment of the tour and wait to be assigned to one of the groups formed by other people. If you can't be assigned, you'll be refunded. You may ask for VIP groups with no minimum persons and guides will be assigned exclusively for you including all meals, transportation from airport , cabins and hotel nights.
Food is NOT included in this trip, we recommend you bring one litter of water and energy bars
Recomendations before the trip
- No intense activities the one or two days before the trip.
- No alcohol drinking the night before.
- Be well hydrated.
- Eat well (healthy).
- Be well rested.
RESERVE - other tours Half Matacanes